- Chinese Government Scholarship
- International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship
- NENU Scholarship
- Other Scholarship
+86 - 431 - 85099754 / 85685722
No.5268, Renmin Street, Changchun, Jilin Province, P. R. China, 130024
Chinese Government Scholarship
The Independent Enrollment Program of 2022 at Northeast Normal University (NENU) is starting now. Please read the following instructions carefully.
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China and be in good health both mentally and physically.
2. Applicants should not be holding a scholarship of any other category from the Chinese government.
3. The requirements for applicant’s degree and age are that applicants must:
1) be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
2) be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs;
4. Language requirements
Chinese-taught program: HSK Level 4 with scores above 180(HSK Level 5 with scores above 180 for the major of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages)
The following types of applicants are exempt from submitting the HSK transcript:
1) Native speaker of Chinese;
2) Receive academic education in Chinese and obtain a certificate.
English taught program: TOEFL IBT 68, IELTS 5.5 or above or self-introduction video in English (3-5 minutes) to prove applicants’ language proficiency
The following types of applicants are exempt from submitting the language certificate:
1) Native speaker of English；
2)Receive academic education in English and obtain a certificate.
This year, all majors in Master’s and Doctoral degrees are open for application.
Major List for Master’s Degree(Click to view)
Major List for Doctoral Degree(Click to view)
III. Scholarship Coverage
● Students will be exempt from paying tuition and campus accommodation fees;
● Granted a monthly living allowance (PhD. 3,500 RMB/month, Master 3,000 RMB/month);
● Comprehensive Medical Insurance Care.
IV. Application Documents
1. Application Form for International Students to NENU. The form should be filled in Chinese or English and generated by the online application automatically.
2. Copy of Passport Home page. If the validity of your current passport does not meet the requirements (passport should be valid later than September 2022), please renew it promptly with a new passport.
3. Notarized highest diploma. Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of students’ status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4. Academic transcripts (from the undergraduate program onwards). Scanned copies of transcripts should include grades from the undergraduate, master's (if any), and doctoral (if any) program of study up to the most recent semester. Transcripts should be issued and stamped by the academic affairs office, Graduate School or relevant student administration department of the school attended. Transcripts can be provided in Chinese/English, and for languages other than English, an additional English translation and notarization are required.
5. Proof of language proficiency. Applicants applying for Chinese as the instruction language must provide an HSK score report within 2 years that meets the application requirements. Applicants who apply for English as the instruction language should provide proof of language proficiency or a video, which may include a self-introduction, study plan, and reasons for choosing Northeast Normal University.
6. A study plan proposal (click to download the template). The study plan should be submitted in Chinese/English (1000 words or more).
7. Two recommendation letters. Recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors, signed by the recommenders and indicating their identity and contact information, should focus on the applicant's study objectives in China, the cooperation between the Chinese institution or the Chinese supervisor and the foreign supervisor or the inter-university exchange, and the evaluation of the student's overall ability and future development, written in Chinese or English only.
8. Academic achievement materials. Academic papers published and proof of patents, etc.
9. Personal works. For those who apply to study art, design, etc., they must submit materials of personal works (e.g., videos, paintings, etc.)
10. Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in China.
11. A photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form (click to download the template) (the original shall be kept by the applicant). The form is made by the Chinese health and quarantine authorities and must be completed in English. Applicants should strictly follow the items required in the form. The Form is invalid if the items are missing, or if the photo is not affixed or stamped with a seal, if it is not signed and stamped by a physician or hospital.
12. Non-criminal record report. The report should be issued by the local public security authorities within the validity period, which should be within 6 months before the date of applying.
13. Conditional Acceptance Letter from the Supervisor(click to download the template) (if any). Scholarship applicants may contact the intended supervisor to issue the Conditional Acceptance Letter, but it is not a required document for scholarship applicants.
The documents uploaded through the system must be clear, authentic and valid. Applicants are advised to use professional equipment to scan the relevant documents to be submitted. Applicants shall bear the consequences caused by unclear or unrecognizable materials.
V. Application Procedure
1. Accepting Agency: Northeast Normal University(Agency Number: 10200)
2. Funding Program:
Master’s degree program
Doctoral degree program
3. Application deadline: April 4
4. Application procedures
Step 1:Apply at NENU International Student Service System
● Download the Application Form for International Students to NENU and sign it.
Step 2: Submit application documents.
After submitting the online application, please send all application documents to email@example.com before April 4. Email subject should be your Application No. From NENU International Student Service System+Nationality+Passport No. Please name application documents according to the serial number in the application document list in PDF format. Please upload all the files in the form of attachments in one email. Remember not to use any kind of network drive, and make sure to attach all documents in one email. Repeated sending or incomplete application documents will be regarded as invalid applications.
Step 3: Northeast Normal University will complete the preliminary review by April 10, determine the list of candidates, and issues the Pre-admission Notice of Chinese Government Scholarship University Program to the candidates via email.
Step 4: Nominated Candidates should submit their application to the Chinese Chinese Government Scholarship Information System before April 15.
● Visit the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System (https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login) and open an account. Click to view the Instructions for the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System.
● The program category should be Type B, and the agency number of Northeast Normal University is 10200. The Agency Number represents a specific application receiving agency and a correct choice of Program Category is necessary before filling in the Agency Number. Please make sure you fill it correctly, otherwise, you will not be able to continue your online application which may result in your application not being accepted.
●Save and upload the documents and submit the application. The uploaded application must includethe Pre-admission Notice issued by Northeast Normal University. Candidates who do not complete the online application on time will be disqualified from candidacy.
Step 5: Based on the principle of "individual application - institutional recommendation - expert evaluation - merit-based admission", the China Scholarship Council organizes experts to conduct a comprehensive evaluation of the candidate's academic performance, comprehensive ability and development potential, and selects the best candidate for admission.
1. Applicants should submit their applications directly to Northeast Normal University, and should not submit their applications through intermediaries; if found, the scholarship application will be disqualified.
2. Please inform us whether or not you have applied to other universities or other scholarship programs, also note whether Northeast Normal University is the first choice or not.
3. If necessary, we will contact the applicant by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to supplement the appropriate supporting documents and inform the acceptance result, please make sure to fill in the accurate contact information and address in the application form.
4. The final result of acceptance will be communicated to the applicant via ISO email by the end of July.
5. Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipients cannot register before the registration deadline. Scholarship recipients shall not invite family members without permission from the host university.
6. Scholarship recipients are required to submit all application documents at the beginning of the school year. Applicants are responsible for the authenticity of the information and materials submitted. In case of discrepancies, Northeast Normal University reserves the right to cancel the admission status and the enrolled students' academic status.
7. Scholarship recipients must attend the annual evaluation by the regulations. Failure to pass the evaluation will result in suspension or cancellation of the scholarship qualification.
8. In principle, scholarship recipients are not allowed to change their study majors and study periods.
VII. Contact Information
Address: Room 624, International Students Office, Division of International Cooperation and Exchanges, Northeast Normal University, No. 5268, Renmin Street, Changchun City, Jilin Province, China, 130024
Division of International Cooperation & Exchange
Northeast Normal University
March 21, 2022