+86 - 431 - 85099754 / 85685722
No.5268, Renmin Street, Changchun, Jilin Province, P. R. China, 130024
Application for CSC Scholarship Bilateral Program(Type A)
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China and be in good health.
2. Applicants should not be holding a scholarship of any other category from the Chinese government.
3. The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
1) be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs;
2) be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
3) be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs;
4 )be under the age of 45 and have a high school diploma (or higher) when applying for the general scholar programs;
5) be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for the senior scholar programs.
Chinese taught program: HSK Level 5 with scores above 180( If applicants can’t meet language requirements, they can apply for an extra one-year language learning course, once pass HSL Level 5, they could start major study)
English taught program:1)TOEFL IBT 68, IELTS 5.5 or above or self-introduction video in English (3-5 minutes) to prove applicants’ language proficiency
English-speaking students (Countries with English as a native language or official language) don’t need to submit.
II. Coverage and Standard for Full Scholarship
1. Exempt from registration fee, tuition, and fee for accommodation
2. Monthly living allowance:
Undergraduate students: CNY 2,500 per month;
Master’s students/general scholar: CNY 3,000 per month;
Doctoral students/senior scholars: CNY 3,500 per month.
3. Comprehensive medical insurance will be provided.
1. Major List for Bachelor Degree Program(Click to view)
2. Major List for Master/General Scholar Program(Click to view)
3. Major List for Doctor/Senior Scholar Program(Click to view)
IV.How to apply
Apply to the dispatching authorities(usually the local Chinese Embassy or Consulate) for overseas study of your home country. Please consult the dispatching authorities for the specific deadline of each year.
Step 1 - Apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas study of your home country for CGS opportunity;
Step 2 - Contact NENU to apply for the Preliminary Admission Notice once recommended by the dispatching authorities as an eligible candidate
Send required documents to email@example.com and write “Bilateral program - Preliminary Admission Notice” in the theme.
Application Documents(*is required):
1. *APreliminary Admission Notice Application Form(see Attachment 1)
2. *Highest diploma. The applicant must submit an On-study Certificate issued by his/her university, if he/she is an on-campus student.
4. *A study or research plan in Chinese or English
5. *Language Proficiency Certificate
English-taught program: English Language Certificate (TOEFL IBT 68, IELTS 5.5 or above) or self-introduction video in English
Chinese-taught program: Valid HSK Level 5 Certificate(exempt for applicants with extra one-year language study)
6. Photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form(see Attachment2)and blood test. Bring your original documents when entering China. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
7. Photocopy of passport
8. Chinese visa/residence permit pages(for those who are in China)
9. Conditional Acceptance Letter(see Attachment3) from a supervising professor (if available)
Step 3 - Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information Management System for International Students (Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print a hard copy. You should consult the dispatching authorities for overseas study of your home country for Instructions of CGS Information Management System for International Students and Agency Number;
Step 4 - Submit all of your application documents to the dispatching authorities of your home country before the deadline.
Note: Only applications of recommended candidates from dispatching authorities will be considered. Candidates holding a Preliminary Admission Notice will be placed in the host university; those without the Preliminary Admission Notice should accept CSC’s placement of university.
VI. Contact Information
Address: Room 624, International Students Office, Division of International Cooperation and Exchanges, Northeast Normal University, No. 5268, Renmin Street, Changchun City, Jilin Province, China, 130024
Attachment :1. NENU Preliminary Admission Notice Application Form
Division of International Cooperation & Exchange
Northeast Normal University
January 9, 2022